No products in the cart.
Instagram is a way of connecting people in this contemporary digitized era. It opens doors for different opportunities and options. It is all about exploring new features and specifications. Whether you want to connect with friends or your colleagues, the very first thing you do is save their contact numbers. But do you know Instagram lets you connect to the contacts in your phonebook? It features an in-build tool through which you can connect to people you already know. Now you must be thinking about how to find contacts on Instagram. Well, we can help you with that. You can find your contacts on Instagram just by using the discover people feature provided by Instagram; all you need to do is allow access to your contacts.
In this article, you will learn different methods to find your contacts on Instagram.
Let’s get started:
Syncing contacts from the phonebook to your Instagram (Method 1)
Instagram allows you to sync your phone contact to let you stay connected to your friends and family. This is feasible for an Instagram application on your smartphone. Also, read the How to Pin Post?
The following steps will assist you in accessing your phone’s contact on Instagram.
- First, open your Instagram app, then go to your Instagram profile.
- On your profile page, you will see the menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner; click on it.
- Go to settings, then choose to follow and invite friends. Here you will see different options through which you can easily invite your friends and family. For syncing contact, choose ‘follow contacts’ and allow access.
This will allow Instagram to let you follow people you already know. You will get suggestions based on your contact information. This is only for those contacts who have Instagrams accounts. Moreover, you can always turn off the contact sync by following the aforementioned steps. These Instructions work for both Android and IOS devices.
By using ‘Discover People’ (Method 2)
Another way to find your contacts on Instagram is by using the ‘discover people’ feature. This also allows you to find people you already know and want on your Instagram. You can use the following tips to learn how you can use the discover people feature:
- Open your Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Below the ‘edit profile’ icon, you will see the ‘discover people’ icon. Select ‘see all on the right side.
- Here, you will find the ‘connect contacts’ icon. Select it and allow access.
This is a straightforward way to find contacts on Instagram. You will see the names in your suggestion list once you enable access to sync contacts.
Finding Facebook Friends on Instagram:
Facebook is a platform where we add social friends, even strangers who tend to become our friends. We add mutual friends as well. These are the people with whom we often never exchange our phone numbers. But you can always add them to your Instagram without having the need to use contact numbers. Also, check the How to Get Verified on Instagram?
See the following steps to find Facebook friends on your Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app and then your profile page.
- Select ‘see all’ next to discover people. You will find the ‘Connect to Facebook’ option.
- Once you click on ‘connect,’ the link to your Facebook account will open, and you will need to sync your details. (allowing sync name and photo will change the profile pictures of both your accounts if one is changed. You can always select not now if you don’t want it)
- Clicking not now will take you to another page where you will be asked to sign into your Facebook account via Instagram. This way, both of your accounts will get linked to each other, and you can easily find your Facebook friends on Instagram and your Instagram friends on Facebook.
Using search box:
This is the most common way to find and follow people you already know. Like other social media apps, Instagram also provides you with a search engine as well. You can always utilize that search box to find your friends and family on Instagram just by typing in their usernames.
Who doesn’t want to stay connected to their friends and family? Everyone does, if not for the purpose of staying connected but to show people all the fun you do on Instagram. This is why Instagram provides you with the inbuilt feature of syncing contact to stay connected with the people you already know. In this article, we have guided you on how to find contacts on Instagram. The most reliable method is to use the discover people feature from your Instagram profile page and enable access to your contacts. And that’s about it! Also, check the How to Delete all Instagram Posts?
Can you sync contacts on Instagram?
You can indeed sync contacts on Instagram. Just go to Instagram settings, then select follow and invite friends, and from there, select follow contacts and enable access.
Liking Instagram with Facebook requires changing your name and profile picture as well.
When you link your Instagram with Facebook, Meta asks you to sync your name and profile picture and also provides the not now option. By clicking not now, you will not need to change things, and it will normally allow you to connect with your Facebook friends.
How to unsync contacts on Instagram?
Go to your profile page and then go to settings. Select accounts and then select contact syncing. Turn off the toggle to contact, syncing from green to white.