No products in the cart.
Instagram is a social networking site where you upload and share photos, and videos, make reels, and IGTV. People Extensively use Instagram to promote their content. There is no denying the fact that people always have their phones in their hands, but there are times when you are required to use your computer. Unlike other social media sites, Instagram content is wholly based on photos and videos. Instagram bloggers, influencers, and photographers have to edit tons of photographs and videos to post on their feeds.
Undoubtedly, it is mainly through computers that people do editing and then sends their edited stuff to their phones. Hassling, isn’t it? But did you know you can utilize your computer to upload content on Instagram? Instagram recently introduced a feature that permits you to create and post photos and videos from your PC. Numerous people use Instagram from their computers, particularly the ones with business accounts. Using your desktop to upload your content saves time and is quite manageable, helpful, and benefits marketers. Also, check the How to Hide Likes on Instagram?
Don’t know how to post on Instagram from a PC? This article will help you understand this, so read till the end.
Log in to your Instagram app through the web, click the + icon and select the photo or video you want to upload, edit the post and click share.
In this article, step-by-step instructions are provided on how to post on Instagram from a PC.
Is Instagram Web the same as an Instagram mobile app?
Instagram web pretty much allows you to do everything that you do on its mobile version. All you are required to do is log in to your account through the Instagram web that Instagram.com.
When you log in to the Instagram web version,
- You can DM your friends or reply to them.
- Scroll through your feed
- Like and comment on different posts
- Use hashtags
- Upload photos and videos
- Reply to stories
- Edit bio
- Search users
Other than posting stories, reels, and IGTV, the Instagram web version lets you do everything.
How to post photos on Instagram from a PC?
If you don’t have your phone on you and want to post something on Instagram, then use the following guide to learn how to post on Instagram from a PC:
- Open the Instagram website and log in to your account.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the ‘+’ icon.
- From the menu, right-click on ‘select from computer’ to browse.
- Select the photo you like to upload
- Edit the photo or video.
- Add caption.
- Add hashtags.
- Click on ‘share.’
The Instagram web lets you create, edit and upload your photos the same way you do it on a mobile application. Although editing your photos and videos can be a bit tricky on a PC, but it is manageable.
How to post videos on Instagram from a PC?
In the section above, we have shown you and provided you instructions on how to post a photo on Instagram from a PC. Now we are going to talk about how you can post a video on Instagram from a PC. The method is rather similar but let’s have a look at it:
- Log in to your Instagram account on the Instagram web.
- On the PC screen, tap the ‘+’ symbol.
- Click ‘select from computer.’
- Now choose the video you want to upload on your Instagram.
- Prepare your video, shorten the video if you like, use filters, turn off the sound or you can try adding music through Spotify.
- Add captions and tags.
- Turn off the comment section if you don’t want people commenting.
- Add location if needed.
- Lastly, click ‘Share.’
Other methods to post on Instagram:
There are other ways as well through which you can efficiently utilize your PC for the posting purpose on Instagram. Here, we will discuss the other alternatives used.
Creator Studio is a free dashboard through which you can use your Facebook and Instagram accounts. You need to have a business account if you want to post content from your PC.
- Head over to the Created Studio website and click on the icon of Instagram.
- Click ‘connect your account.’
- Link up your business account and right-click on ‘create a post.’
- Select the photo or video you want to create.
- Edit your post.
- Click ‘add content.’
- Now, you have to upload your file from the system and then click ‘publish.’
This is a better alternative option for posting on Instagram from a PC. Through Creator Studio, you can not only post on your Instagram feed but can also post on your Instagram story.
Hootsuite is a platform that helps you in managing your social media accounts. On Hootsuite, you can manage almost 10 of your social accounts. Although for a much more Professional account, you are required to pay. For pricing, you can visit the Hootsuite website. However, it also offers a 30-day free trial.
- Create your account on Hootsuite and log in to the Hootsuite dashboard.
- From the dashboard, right-click on ‘new post.’
- Now click on ‘post to’ and select the social media to account you want to upload your post. Here, you will select Instagram.
- In the media section, add the photo you want to upload.
- Edit your post.
- Add captions and hashtags.
- Once you are done editing, click ‘Post.’
You can use the exact method to upload your videos on Instagram from a PC or Mac.
Instagram lets you post from your PC or Mac, and the posting process is very similar to your mobile app version. One drawback of the Instagram web versions is the limitation. You can not find most reels, stories, or IGTV; it is only restricted to posting photos and videos. If you are looking to post content other than photos and videos, try the third-party apps and tools discussed in this article.
You Can always check the Instagram support page to help with this setting.
Can you post reels and stories on Instagram web?
Instagram only permits you to post photos and videos through its web version. You can try other tools if you want to post stories, reels, and IGTV.
Are Instagram tools reliable?
Instagram tools or third-party apps to post photos and videos from a PC are indeed reliable. However, to access the pro features, you are required to buy the packages that are not available in their free version.