Logging into Facebook is quite simple. All you need is to open the application or website and enter your sign-in information. But the real problem comes when logging out of the social media platform. Many Facebook users are unaware of this feature. You Can Also read the Twitter vs Facebook.
But there’s nothing to worry about. Here’s how to log out of Facebook on individual and all devices. Let’s get into it!
Why Would You Want To Log Out Of Facebook?
Before learning how to log out of Facebook, it is important to know why you need to do it at all. You may need to sign out for multiple reasons. Here are a few:
Signing In With Another Account
Many users have multiple Facebook accounts. The catch is that you can not use all accounts at once. You can only log in to one profile at a time. That is why you must log out of an account before logging into another one.
Taking A Break
Using Facebook regularly can get exhausting. And maybe you want to get some rest from the social media platform. But how to do it without showing the online status to your friends? The easiest way is to sign out of your account. This way, people will know you are away and not using the account.
Are you noticing some unusual behavior on your Facebook account? The first thing to do is to sign out from all unknown devices. Then, you can contact the Facebook support team or change your account login information. Also, read the How To Poke Someone on Facebook?
How To Log Out Of Facebook on Android
Follow the steps below to learn how to log out of Facebook on Android:
- Go to your apps and open Facebook.
- From the top-right corner, tap the hamburger icon (shown by three parallel horizontal lines) to expand the menu.
- Scroll down, tap Log Out, and wait for the action to perform.
How To Log Out Of Facebook on iPhone
Wondering how to log out of Facebook on iPhone? Follow these easy steps to get this job done quickly!
- Go to Facebook and sign in to your account if it is not logged in already.
- Tap the three horizontal lines (the hamburger menu) on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, scroll down to the Log Out button, and press it.
How To Log Out Of Facebook on Computer
Go through the steps below to learn how to log out of Facebook on PC:
- Open Facebook on your preferred web browser.
- Select the arrow pointing downward at the top-right corner.
- Click Log Out, once you see the drop-down menu.
How To Log Out Of Facebook on All Devices
Facebook allows you to log out of multiple devices remotely from a single platform. Let’s see how to log out of Facebook on all devices on a PC and phone:
On A PC
- Go to Facebook and click the down-facing arrow, present at the top-right corner of the interface.
- Now, choose Settings & Privacy from the expanded menu.
- Once the drop-down menu opens, select Settings.
- Go to the Security and login tab on the left sidebar under the General
- Next, click See More, located under the Where you’re logged in
- Under the list of logged-in devices, select Log Out Of All Sessions to sign out from all platforms.
You can also select one device and click its three vertical dots. Now, choose Log Out to sign out from that particular device only. It is helpful to log out of a device that you do not have.
On A Smartphone
How to log out of Facebook on all devices on iPhone and Android? Well, it works the same for both. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Facebook app and press the three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner on iOS. This icon is available at the top-right corner on an Android device.
- Tap Settings & Privacy.
- Now, select Settings and go to the Password and Security
- Press See All above the list of devices, and tap the Log Out of All Sessions
- Lastly, press Log Out to confirm.
Like on a PC, you can also log out from a device remotely using a smartphone. The option is available in the list of logged-in devices under the Where you’re logged in section. Press the three vertical dots at the right side to expand the menu. Next, tap Log out to confirm signing out from a device.
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger:
Now we know how to log out of Facebook. But another issue is logging out of the Messenger application. There are 2 ways how to log out of Facebook Messenger. Let’s go through both! Also, check the How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger?
Logging Out of Messenger From Facebook
- Open the Facebook application on an Android or iOS device. Next, head to the hamburger menu.
- Select Settings and Privacy and open Settings.
- Open the Password and Security tab by tapping it.
- Head to the Where you’re logged in
- Look for Messenger logged-in devices.
- Tap the three vertical dots on the right side of your device’s name.
- Select Log Out from the dialog box to confirm.
Logging Out of Messenger Without Facebook
You might not always have the Facebook app available on your phone. In that case, here’s how to log out of Facebook Messenger.
- Open your phone’s Settings and head to the Apps
- Scroll down until you see Messenger, and tap on it.
- Press Clear Data and Clear Cache to remove all previous data from your Messenger.
How to log out of Facebook? Follow the guide above to learn all about this subject. Thanks to the app’s updates, you can also log out of Messenger now. Facebook enables you to log out of multiple devices remotely, securing your account from any threat. Also, read the Facebook Messenger Vs. Whatsapp.
Why I Can’t Log Out Of Facebook on Android?
The most common reason and answer to why I can’t log out of Facebook on Android is a server or maintenance issue. You can only wait for the support team to fix the issue. Other solutions include force-stopping your Facebook app, clearing its cache, updating the application, or restarting your device.
How To Log Out Of Facebook 2023?
On your Android and iOS device, go to the hamburger menu in the Facebook application. Select log out to confirm. On a PC, click the downward arrow at the top-right corner and choose log out from the expanded menu.
How To Log Out of Messenger Directly?
Tap the hamburger menu on Messenger’s top-left corner. Select the Settings icon (represented by a wheel or gear). Next, scroll down the menu, tap Account Settings, and go to Security & Login. You will still need to enter Facebook login credentials to log out of Messenger.