It requires a lot of effort to maintain the security maintained of your social networking sites. With hackers on the loose, you ought to keep your accounts safe and secure, and you evidently can not do it with a weak password. We often keep the same passwords for most of our social accounts, which is not recommended and is prone to inevitable cyber-attacks. Users are urged to change the passwords of their accounts after every 6 months to keep their accounts safe from any sort of outside menace. Whether it is to ensure your privacy or you have forgotten your account password, we have you covered. In this article, we will provide input on how to change your Instagram password.
To change your Instagram account password, you are first required to log in to your account. Go to your profile and select settings, from the menu, tap security and then passwords. Type down your old and new passwords and confirm the changes. Also, check the How to Hide Likes on Instagram?
We will also discuss different ways through which you can change your Instagram password.
Changing Instagram password via mobile app
The following steps are to change the Instagram password using a mobile app. The instructions are the same for Android and IOS devices.
- Log in to your Instagram account on a mobile app and go to your profile.
- Tap the lines on the top right side of your screen and tap on settings.
- Select security from the menu and tap password.
- Type in your old password in the box, then adds a new one.
- Save changes.
Changing Instagram password via the web browser
You can also change your Instagram account password through a web browser by simply following the steps below:
- Log in to your Instagram web browser.
- Go to your profile, and tap on the settings icon.
- Click ‘change password’ from the menu.
- Enter your old and new passwords in the box.
- Click ‘change password’ to save changes.
Resetting your Instagram password (Android/IOS)
There are some miserable times when you are unable to remember your Instagram password. To get out of that situation, you can reset your password. This is how you can do it:
- Open your Instagram app and tap on the forget password.
- Type in your username in the box or if you have your phone number added to your Instagram account, then enter that number.
- Click ‘next.’
- You will receive a text from Instagram either on your email or on your mobile number to reset your account’s password.
Resetting Instagram password (web browser)
- Open up the Instagram web browser and go to reset password pages.
- Type in the email address that is linked to your account or you can also enter the linked phone number.
- You will receive the login link from Instagram.
- Follow all the instructions you are provided in the link to reset the password and log in back to your account.
Activating Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram
Two-Factor Authentication is the safest and most trustable way to keep your account secure. When the Two-Factor Authentication is turned on, even if someone knows your password and tries to log in to your account, they can not do it. Log in to your account requires Two-Factor Authentication which only you can approve.
The following step will guide you on how you can turn on two-factor authentication on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram account and head over to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top right corner and select settings.
- From the menu, tap security and then select two-factor authentication.
- Select the method you like to use for authentication purposes. You can use an app or text message or can also use WhatsApp to receive alerts.
Whenever you or someone else will log in to your account, you will first receive an alert with a code that only you can approve to log in to your account.
Keeping your accounts safe and secure is users’ top priority; whether it’s a bank account or social media account, nobody wants to see their privacy getting breached. Instagram is a widely used app and is loved by social media addicts. It will not be pleasing if they end up losing their account due to their forgetfulness or, in the worst-case scenario, getting their account hacked. In this article, we have talked about multiple ways through which you can change and reset your account password. We have also talked about the safest way to keep your account protected. Hope you find this article helpful!
Can you reset your Instagram account password without your email and phone number?
If you forget your password and want to reset it, then your account must be linked with either a phone number or email address on which you will receive the code. If your account is not registered on a phone number or email, it may become impossible for you to reset your account’s password.
How can you reset your password via SMS?
When you go on to reset the password, you will be asked about the method you want to receive the code. If you select SMS as your method, you will receive the code as a text that you can use to reset your password.
How can you change your Instagram password on the desktop?
On your desktop, open your Instagram account on the web browser. Go to your profile and then settings. Click on change password. Add your previous and new passwords and Click change password to proceed with the changes.