No products in the cart.
Someone hacked your Facebook account. Don’t panic. We will tell you how to recover hacked Facebook account.
Facebook has millions of accounts, some of which have been hacked by hackers. Facebook is concerned about its users and is trying to recover the account as soon as possible. But once your account is hacked, you can recover it whether you are a mobile or desktop user. You can recover your account and reset your password. So let’s recover your hacked account.
How do I know if my Facebook account has been hacked?
It is possible that hackers hacked your account and left no trace of their activity. However, there are some indicators that your account has been hacked. Here are the signs:
- You are not able to access your account because your email address or password has changed.
- Include some messages in your inbox that you did not send.
- Some people were added to your account, but you didn’t send friend requests.
- There is some change in your profile information, such as your birthday.
- Your profile has been posted in groups and pages, but you still need to do this.
- Comments or likes on posts that you didn’t make
Facebook is used by every type of generation, whether you are a kid or a senior citizen. It is possible that everyone does not know how to recover a hacked Facebook account. So these are the signs by which everyone can identify whether his account has been hacked or not. So if your account is hacked, you need to recover it. Now follow the below guidelines to recover your account.
How to recover a hacked Facebook account that you can access.
Your account may have been hacked, but you can still access it. If this is your case, then you can quickly recover your account. Here are some steps to recover your account:
- Change your password right away. The first step is changing your password to prevent hackers from accessing your account. The process of changing passwords for mobile and desktop users is different. So here is the procedure to change the password:
- On a mobile device, open your profile and click the menu icon to change your password. The menu icon is located next to the notification tab.
- Now go to settings and privacy.
- scroll down, and click on password and security.
- Now click on “Change Password” under the login header. Now type in your old password and create a new one.
- Change your web browser password by logging in to your profile and selecting the menu option next to the notification.
- Now go to settings and privacy, settings, security, and log in.
- Under the login section, find the option to change the password. Now type your old password and choose a new, strong password.
Check what devices are logged into Facebook.
You can also see your logged-in devices in the password and security options. If you are logged in to a device that is not your own, follow the steps below to recover your account.
- Navigate to suspicious login on the privacy and security page.
- Select “Secure Your Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Now follow the basic steps, and you can quickly recover your account.
- Alert Facebook
If you have recovered your account, informing Facebook about this incident is essential. As a result, Facebook can protect your account. Here is the process:
- Go to settings and go to the password and security page.
- Find the? Icon or seek assistance.
- Click on “report the incident.” Now type your report and click OK.
- Report the cybercrime.
For cybercrimes, you don’t need to involve the police. You can easily report the incident to the FBI by filing a complaint and clicking “Submit.”Your report has been submitted; please turn this over to the FBI.
How to recover hacked Facebook account that you can’t access:
Step 1: Attempt to log in from previously logged-in devices.
We all access Facebook from various devices, including mobile web browsers. Now check each device and try to log in to the page to see whether you are logged in or not.
If the hacker is inexperienced, he will fail to log out of all devices. You can recover your account if you are logged in on any device. If you are not logged in to any device, follow the steps below.
Step 2: recover your email address.
Enter your email address and click “forget password” if you are logged out of your devices. Follow the basic steps, and they will send you a confirmation link to your email address.
Verify the link and type a password for your new account.
Choose a strong password so that hackers cannot easily crack it.
Step 3: All devices have been logged out.
Now you have recovered your account. However, remember to log out of all devices so that hackers cannot access your account. In this way, hackers will also be logged out of your account. Here is how to log out of all devices.
- Log in to your Facebook device and go to the menu icon.
- Now click on settings, privacy, settings, security, and log in.
- Now, select “log out” from all devices and click “log out.”
Step 4: Login and increase the security of your account.
Once your Facebook account is hacked, it is possible that it could be hacked again. You can enable two-factor authentication. It will increase security protection, and you will be notified if anyone logs in to your account.
- Go to the menu icon, scroll down, and click on settings.
- Now go to password and security.
- Find the option for two-factor authentication and check the box.
Step 5: Report a Facebook Account:
Sometimes we know who hacked our Facebook account. So if your friend hacks your account, you can report that account. Here is the process to register the account.
Open your profile and navigate to the suspicious profile.
- You can find the profile by typing the hacker’s name into the search box or entering the URL of the hacker’s profile.
- Locate the three dots in the right corner of the profile.
- Click on the “report” option; follow the instructions to report the person.
How much time will Facebook take to review my report?
It depends on your report, but usually, Facebook takes 1–2 weeks to review your information. Facebook will also take action if your report is worth it.
Can I still recover my account if I forget my email address and password?
Yes, you can still recover your account using the “trusted friends” feature. Follow the basic steps after choosing the “trusted friends” feature and recovering your account.
What should you do when your account is recovered?
Here are the steps you can perform when your account is recovered.
- Increase security by choosing a new username and password. Passwords should be strong, such as a combination of letters and symbols.
- Select another security question. A hacker could know your security question, so choose a new one known only to you.
- Enable two-factor authentication.
Facebook is a well-known app with billions of users. Everyone uses it for their purposes, such as sharing, chatting, or even business purposes. But if your Facebook account is hacked, it could be a nightmare for you. Now you know how to recover hacked Facebook account, just follow the above steps and recover your account. Also, increase your security so hackers will not gain access to your account again. So follow the steps and enjoy this priceless platform.