No products in the cart.
Facebook is one of the top leading platform filled with various social features. One of the old and fan-favorite options is Poking. But many users do not know how to poke someone on Facebook. This detailed guide will teach you how you can use it.
What Are the Benefits of Poking?
On Facebook, Poking refers to saying hello or getting someone’s attention. It becomes more fun when the person replies by poking back. Consider Poking a virtual version of Tag, another popular option on Facebook. It’s a quicker way to interact with someone on Facebook rather than writing on their profile or messaging them. Also, read the How To Unfriend or Reomve On Facebook?
What makes Poking unique is that this feature is not limited to use on your friends. Facebook allows you to poke people not added to your friend list. However, it depends on the individual’s privacy setting. Many people have shown concern about this Facebook feature, and its been under fire due to being annoying and provocative.
Does Poking Still Work?
Even though the Poking feature has been disabled and re-enabled multiple times by Facebook, users have always found a way to use this fun feature. There used to be a different section just for poking, but now it is somewhat buried.
Here is how to poke someone on Facebook on different devices:
How To Poke Somone Using a Desktop PC
For poking someone on Facebook using Windows or Linux, follow these simple steps:
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Type Pokes in the search bar.
- Click Pokes to open the menu.
- Now you will see your Facebook friends who you can Poke.
- You can also Poke Back to someone who poked you first by clicking Poke Back.
How To Poke Somone Using a SmartPhone
Here is how to poke someone on facebook mobile, including Android or iOS devices:
- You will require the Facebook app to do Poking. Download it from App Store or Play Store by searching with its name.
- Open your Facebook app, and in the search bar, write Poke.
- Results will appear showing different pages or groups. Tap Pokes, which is at the top of the search.
- You will be directed toward the Pokes page, where you can see who you can Poke.
- You can also Poke back the people who Poked you first by tapping Poke Back.
There is another method to get to the Pokes page on Android or iOS devices. Here is how you can do it
- Tap on the Menu Bars (the three horizontal lines on the top left).
- Tap See More from the drop-down menu.
- Now Select the Help & Support From the drop-down menu, tap Help Center.
- A Search Bar will appear. Type Poke and click on the search icon.
- Facebook answers will appear. Tap How Do I Poke Someone On Facebook.
- You will be able to see a link directed toward the Pokes page. Tap it to access Pokes.
How To Poke Somone On Facebook Lite App
Using Facebook Lite app on your Android or iOS device? Well, you can still accessing the Pokes page, although it is a bit different. Here is how to poke someone on Facebook lite
- Open the app on your device.
- Tap the Menu Bars, represented by three horizontal lines.
- From the Menu, Tap on the Settings
- Scroll down and under Your Facebook Information, tap Acess Your Information
- Select Other Activity from the list
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select Pokes
- It will redirect you to the Pokes page.
Pokes Page Not Showing All Friends:
If you cannot find who you want to Poke on the Pokes Page, use the search bar for the person’s name. If the name does not appear in the search section, it probably means the person has disabled the Poking feature from you.
How To Reject Poke:
So far, we have discussed How To Poke Someone on Facebook using various devices, but what about rejecting a Poke? The good thing is that Facebook only allows a user to Poke someone only once at a time. It means if they do not Poke back at you, you can not Poke back again.
To delete someone’s Poke, Click the ‘X’ mark next to the Poke’s notification. However, there is no permanent solution to stop the Poking feature other than blocking the person.
We learned poking someone on Facebook in this detailed guide using different devices like Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. Poking is a fun feature with a lot of buzz in 2007. With time the feature is somewhat hidden, but many worldwide still actively love Poking and will continue to do so.
Can you Still Poke at Someone on Facebook in 2023?
Yes, the Poking feature is still available on Facebook. Unlike previously being on the prominent section on Facebook, the Poking is somewhat hidden, but you can still access it depending on your device and Poke your friends.
How To Poke Someone on Facebook?
To Poke someone on Facebook, Go to the search menu and type Poke. From the search results, select Pokes. Now you can Poke someone from the friend list and back at friends who poked you first.
How To See Who Poked You on Facebook?
A notification will appear when someone pokes you on Facebook. If you missed the notification, you could go to the Poke section by typing Pokes in the search bar. You will see all the people who poked at you there.