No products in the cart.
Threads, a Meta’s microblogging app alternative to Twitter, has finally launched, and in the first 4 hours of its launch, 5 million people signed up to this app. Due to its integration with Instagram, everyone is signing up and following everyone from Instagram onto Threads. This way, you might be bombarded with notifications about new followers, accepted follow requests and every activity. It feels overwhelming, especially if you have selected to follow your Instagram friends on the Threads app. People irritated with overwhelming notifications frequently search for how to pause notifications on Threads. Thankfully, the app has a user-friendly interface allowing users to pause or turn off notifications from the Threads app on Android and iPhone.
Below, we will discuss how can you pause or turn off notifications on your digital device in a detailed manner.
How to Pause Notifications on Threads App?
If you choose not to permanently disable Threads app notifications, you can pause them temporarily. This will help you if you want to catch a break from the constant influx of notifications regarding replies, new followers, mentions, and many other activities.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to pause notifications from the Threads app on your Android or iPhone because the steps for pausing notifications on Android or iPhone are similar. Also, check the How To Get More Followers On Threads?
- Open the Threads app on your cell phone and select the Profile tab from the bottom of the right corner.
- Tap on the two-line icon, with one line shorter than the other, located in the upper right corner of your phone’s screen.
- You will see a menu featuring different options. Select “notifications” from that menu.
- When you open the Notifications page, you will see a toggle button named “Pause all” notifications. Tap on that toggle icon or button.
- When you select “Pause all” notifications, it will ask you to select the duration you want to pause notifications. You can choose that duration for 15 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hours.
- In the present version of this app, the maximum duration for which you can pause notifications is 8 hours. This can change in the future with the evolution of the app.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Threads App?
The Threads app, much like the Instagram app, has similar steps to turn off notifications of various types from its in-app settings menu. You can choose to turn off Threads app notifications for likes, replies mentions, followers, and more.
Follow these steps to turn off notifications from the Threads app.
- Open the Threads app and click on the profile tab from the bottom right corner of your phone’s screen.
- The main menu will open, select “Notifications” from the main menu.
- Two sections will appear, one with “Threads and Replies,;” while the other is “Following and Followers.”
- If you want to turn off notifications for “Threads and Replies, simply tap on that toggle.
- Next, in the “Threads and Replies” section, you can turn off notifications for likes, replies, mentions, reposts, quotes, and first threads. Toggle on or off notifications for these options according to your preferences.
- After adjusting notifications for “Threads and Replies,” return to the Notifications main menu and select the Following and Followers. Here you can turn off notifications for New Followers, Accepted Following Requests, Account Suggestions, and Pre-Followed User Joined Threads.
- After customizing your notification settings, you are all set to enjoy a more personalized notification experience on your Threads account.
Though Threads app notifications are meant to help you to use this platform easily, they can sometimes become distracting. Rather than activating Do Not Disturb mode and missing out on some important alerts, simply look for how to pause notifications on the Threads app. You can also turn off Threads notifications on your Android or iPhone by following the above-mentioned steps to stay protected from disturbance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will turning off notifications on the Threads app affect your Instagram notifications?
No! making changes in the notification settings of the Threads app will have no impact on your Instagram account’s notification settings because both these apps work independently in this regard.
How to see old or dismissed notifications in the Threads app?
You can check the old or dismissed notification on the Threads app by visiting the “Activity” tab or checking the notification history on your phone.
How can I turn off Threads app notifications during certain times?
- Open the settings on your phone.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb Mode and see different priorities.
- Select time according to your priorities.