No products in the cart.
While Instagram’s newly introduced text-based Threads app is turning many heads, users are frequently searching for how to enable dark mode on the Threads App because, currently, the App doesn’t have this feature. However, this does not mean the theme cannot be applied. You can follow some workaround to apply dark modes in the Threads App.
This article will discuss a step-by-step guide that helps you enable dark mode on the Threads app using your Android or iPhone.
A Step-By-Step Guide to How to Enable Dark Mode on Threads App
By default, the Threads app has no built-in option for users to modify or enable dark mode on their phones. However, you can still activate dark mode on your iOS or Android device.
The App depends on the system settings that you can follow to choose the App theme by default. So, when you enable dark mode, the App will work in dark mode. And if you want to switch on light mode, enable it from the settings.
Enable Dark Mode on Your iOS.
Follow these steps to enable dark mode from your iOS settings.
- Open your phone’s Settings and scroll down to select Display and Brightness Settings from there.
- In the Appearance section, you will see two options, Dark and Light mode.
- Please tap on the dark mode option and enable it.
- Now, your Threads app will work in dark mode by default, where you can see threads from your favorite content creators and friends without closing your eyes to the intense light of light mode.
Enable Dark Mode on Your Android Phone
If you are an Android user, you must enable dark mode on your phone, as the Threads app does not support dark mode on the Android platform. You can do this by opening the Quick Settings page or following the steps below to enable dark mode from your phone’s Settings.
- Open your Android phone’s Settings
- Search for the “Display” option and tap on it.
- When you open the “Display” option, you will see the “Dark Theme” option in the Appearance section.
- Tap on the “Dark Theme” option and enable it.
- Now, your phone will work on a dark theme by default as long as Dark mode is enabled in it.
- Once the Dark mode is activated, adjust the appearance based on the system-wide settings.
How To Enable Dark Mode on System Web?
The Threads app currently doesn’t have a fully developed web app; the only solution is to use it on the web to head directly to a user’s profile on your browser. You can switch between dark and light modes using the Threads App on the web. By default, the Threads app follows your system’s settings; however, you can also enable it by clicking on the Threads logo. Once you have activated the dark theme, your system will remain in that setting until you change it.
People searching for how to enable dark mode on the Threads App can follow the simple steps mentioned above to enable this dark theme. You can enable it on your iOS, Android, or web system to see the threads from your friends or other content creators. So, once you activate the dark mode, your system will remain in that setting until you make changes to switch to light mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you enable Dark Mode on the Threads App?
Yes! You can enable Dark Mode on your Instagram Threads app from the mobile’s settings. However, the App does not have a built-in dark mode.
Is enabling Dark Mode eye-friendly?
Enabling dark mode is helpful for eyes because it is easier than a stark, bright screen. However, using dark mode makes your pupils dilate and creates difficulty in focusing on the screen.