No products in the cart.
Maintaining the security of your websites or other platform, especially social media platforms, requires much diligence. As the online field is full of hackers, you must keep your accounts safe and secure from their attacks, and you cannot do it with a weak password. Mostly, to avoid confusion, people choose a similar password for many social media accounts prone to inevitable cyber-attacks. Therefore, it is necessary to change the password of your Instagram account every 6 months to keep your account safe from cyber-attacks. However, you must also know how to change your Instagram password to remember it completely. In this article, we will discuss a comprehensive guide that you can follow to change your Instagram password.
To change your Instagram account password, log in to the app first and then go to the settings from the menu and open security settings. Click on change password, enter your old password, and then add a new one of your choice.
There are different ways through which you can change your IG password. Below, all discuss each step in detail.
Steps to Change Instagram Password Via Mobile App
If you want to change your IG password, you can use your mobile app by following some steps. Below, we will discuss those steps in detail. Remember, these steps also apply to Android and iOS devices.
- Open the app, log in to your account, and then explore your profile
- The right side of your phone features three lines where you can click and open the setting.
- Select security settings and then tap on changing the password
- Enter your old password and then type your new password twice for confirmation
- Then save all these changes
How to Change Instagram Password using a Web Browser?
Users can also change their Instagram ID password using the web browser. There are simple and easy steps that you can follow to make changes to your password. These steps are;
- Log in to your account on your Instagram web browser
- Open your profile and explore the security icon
- Tap change password from the menu option
- First, enter your old password and then add a new one
- After making a change, click on Save changes
How to Reset Your Instagram Password? (Android/iOS)
Sometimes, you must remember your IG account password completely. You can reset your password to get out of this miserable situation. Do it by following these steps;
- Open the Instagram app on your phone and click on the forget password option
- Type your username, email address, or phone number to get a text message for a new password
- Click on the Next option
- You will receive a digit code that you can use to reset your account’s password
Resetting Instagram Password on Web Browser
Follow these simple steps to reset the IG password using the web browser.
- Open the IG web browser and explore reset password pages
- Enter your Email address or the phone number attached to your IG account
- Instagram will send you a login link that you can click on
- Follow all the mentioned instructions provided in the given link to reset your password
- Then login back to your account and enjoy your social experience
Enable Two-Factor Authentication on Your Instagram Account
Enable Two-Factor Authentication, the safest and most reliable way to secure your account. With enabled Two-Factor Authentication, no one can log in to your account if they know your password. The only way to log in is to get your approval.
You can follow the steps to enable Two-Factor Authentication on Instagram.
- Open your profile using your Instagram account
- Click on the three horizontal lines located in the top right corner
- Select settings and then security settings which feature a Two-Factor Authentication option
- Select your desired method for Two-Factor Authentication and select the app, text message, or WhatsApp to receive alerts
- Whenever you or any other person tries to log in to your account, you will receive a message or alert with a code. You will be the only person who can approve this code for logging into your account.
It must be an utmost priority of a user to keep his accounts, whether a bank account or social media account, safe and secure from cyber-attacks. Among social media platforms, Instagram is the most widely used platform, with daily millions of users. It will be a great concern for you if you lose your IG account due to forgetting your password or if hackers hack your account. Therefore, you must change your IG account password after every 6 months. However, if you are a newbie, you must also know how to change your Instagram password or recover it if you forget it. Above, we have mentioned multiple steps that you can follow to change, recover, or reset your Instagram password on multiple devices like Android, iOS, Web Browser, or desktop. So, read the article fully and know every step of changing your IG password.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to recover an Instagram password without an Email address or phone number?
There are simple and easy steps that you can follow to recover your IG password. These steps are;
- Open the Instagram app on your phone, and tap Forgot Password from there
- Put your username and then click on next
- Then tap Can’t Reset Your Password from the bottom
- Follow all the necessary on-screen instructions and submit a support request
- The IG Help Center will surely oblige you
How to change your Instagram password on a desktop?
Open your Instagram account on your desktop using the web browser. Open your profile and click on settings from there. First, enter your old password and then add the new one. Then click on save changes for confirmation.