No products in the cart.
TikTok is a popular video-sharing social media networking platform. Since the time it was introduced, the app has gained wide popularity specifically among teenagers. For entertaining purposes, TikTok indeed is a fun app, with users jumping on different trends to earn more views, likes, comments, and followers.
However, there are certain privacy concerns that are being raised by people. One of the major reasons for their concerns is the presence of audiences under 13. Also, Check How To Get Famous On TikTok.
So, if you create an account on TikTok and you are younger than 13, TikTok is going to delete your account. Even if you create an account registering a fake birthday, there is also a possibility of your account getting deleted by TikTok. If you are looking to update your age on TikTok before it gets deleted, then keep reading this article to find out how can you do it:
Change Your Age on TikTok
There is no way you can change your age on TikTok manually, you have to rely on the TikTok team to help you with the change you want to do in your account.
Here is how you can do it:
- Open up your TikTok mobile app. Log in to your TikTok account if you are logged out from your account.
- Head over to your profile.
- Tap on the three-dotted lines at the top right side of your phone screen.
- Scroll down to find the Support section.
- From there, tap on to report a problem.
- Scroll down and find the topics section from there, tap on Account and profile option.
- Next, tap on the editing profile.
- Then tap on another.
- Here you will see the option, need more help. Tap on it.
- In the section, enter the details of your problem regarding changing your age on your TikTok account and tap the report option.
- You will have to wait for some time to receive a response from the TikTok team as they will review your problems.
When you choose to report a problem directly to TikTok, you are also required to verify your age through certain evidence that you will have to provide. Like your ID card or passport that can verify your age. Younger audiences might fail to provide these verification documents as proof of their age, it is suggested to ask if you can provide a student ID for verification purposes.
What to Do If Your Account Gets Deleted Due to Age Restrictions?
Recently, TikTok went on an account-deleting spree under the age of 13. This move came after lawsuits against the company that the team had to delete many accounts of minors. This action is still active and the company is still on the hunt to delete the accounts of people younger than 13.
If your account mistakenly gets deleted by TikTok and you want to recover it, here’s what you can do:
- Open up your browser and search TikTok report feedback.
- Enter relevant details in the box along with your email address and government-issued ID card for the verification of your age.
- Select change account information from the under-topic section.
- Tap the report once you’re done.
The TikTok team will review your report and revert your account after review.
TikTok is a fun app and indeed a source of entertainment. But sometimes entertainment can affect you badly if you are minor and do not fall on the privacy guidelines of the very app. TikTok has a policy like other social media platforms to not allow users younger than 13 to join the platform. Also, check the How to Contact TikTok Customer Service.
It is due to privacy restrictions but people often ignore it and your accounts get deleted. This is why it is suggested to change your age on TikTok to prevent any kind of mishap to happen in the future. In this article, we have provided you with instructions that will help you in changing the age on your TikTok account.
Why can’t you change your age on TikTok manually?
TikTok in the past has allowed users to change their age manually until 2021, the company introduced a new policy that prevents users younger than 13 from joining the app despite having parental control on their account. The move came to restrict adult content from reaching underage users. Currently, there is only one way to change your age on TikTok which is by reporting directly to the company.
Is there any alternative to change your age on TikTok?
No, there is no such alternative as of now that can let you change your age on TikTok. However, you can try creating a new TikTok account by entering the right age during the signup process.
How long does it take for TikTok support to reply to your report?
The TikTok team reviews your report and verifies your details first. So, it is likely it will take a few days for them to get back to you.