No products in the cart.
Are you looking for ways to change the language settings on Facebook? Do you want to be able to speak, write, or understand posts in a different language than your native tongue? Then you’ve come to the right place!
Changing the language on Facebook is surprisingly easy and doesn’t require any special technical skills. It only takes a few clicks of your mouse or taps of your fingers, and you can start using Facebook in another language immediately.
In this blog post, we’ll let you know how to easily switch between languages and all these helpful features that can make your daily interaction on one of the biggest social media platforms – even better! Keep reading to learn how to change the language on Facebook and why doing so could benefit you!
How To Change the Language on Facebook on a Desktop?
Changing the language on Facebook using your personal computer is quite easy. Here are the steps to do so:
- Step 1: Log into your Facebook account.
- Step 2: Go to the Settings page. This can be found by clicking the upside-down triangle on the top right corner of the Facebook page.
- Step 3: Select “Settings & Privacy” in the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Click on Settings.
- Step 5: On the left-hand side of the Settings page, click “Language and Region.”
- Step 6: Click the ”Edit” option on the right end of the ”Language Section.”
- Step 7: Click the dropdown menu labeled”Show Facebook in this language.” A list of languages will appear on the right-hand side of the page. Select your language from this list by clicking it.
- Step 8: Once you have selected your language, click “Save Changes.” Your language setting has now been changed. When you view Facebook, it will be displayed in the new language you have selected.
How To Change the Language on Facebook App Using a Smartphone?
If you need to change the language on Facebook using your smartphone, you can do it in a few simple steps. We have mentioned below the methods for both Android and iPhone.
On Android Phones:
If you have an Android phone, follow these steps to change the language on Facebook:
- Open Facebook on your mobile phone and sign in to your account if you still need to.
- Tap the three-line icon at the page’s top right corner. A menu bar will appear on the screen.
- Scroll down until you find “Settings & Privacy.” Tap on that option.
- You will see an option “Language & Region”; tap on it.
- Select your preferred language from the index of languages provided.
- Once you have selected a language, tap on “Saved” to confirm it and start using Facebook in that language right away!
If you’re an iPhone user and want to switch up the language used on your Facebook app, it’s easy to do. The Facebook app will automatically match your iPhone’s language settings—but if you’d like to switch it up, no problem! You can easily modify this preference outside of the App.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app. Scroll down until you locate the Facebook option.
- Tap on Facebook to open its settings menu.
- Under this menu, you’ll see the Language option. Tap on it.
- This will take you to a list of languages available for selection. Scroll through them until you locate the language of your choice and tap on it to select it.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully changed the language of your Facebook app!
- To confirm the language has been changed, open your Facebook app. You should be able to view it in the new language you choose.
- Now you can share and chat with friends in a different language!
How to Undo a Facebook Language Change?
Changing the language on Facebook is a quick and easy process. But you may feel lost and confused if you accidentally change it to something you don’t understand. Don’t worry- you need to follow a few steps to switch back to your preferred language in no time.
All you have to do is to follow the same steps you used when changing it initially.
- Head over to the ‘Settings & Privacy’ tab in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Find ‘Language and Region,’ and select your preferred language from the drop-down menu.
- That’s it – you’re all set! Now you can navigate your way around Facebook in the language of your choice.
If you do not know the current language that has been set accidentally, you can use Google Translator to translate any unfamiliar words or phrases back into your native tongue. That way, you can make a knowledgeable decision and return to using Facebook in your preferred language. Also, check the How To Poke Someone on Facebook?
Things to Remember in Mind When Changing Facebook Language
Keep a few things in mind when changing the language on your Facebook account:
- Your Device’s Language Settings Won’t Change: Changing the language settings for your Facebook won’t change your computer’s or phone’s settings. If you change the language on Facebook, it will only affect your Facebook account.
- Update Each Device: If you change your Facebook language settings on one device, it won’t automatically update the settings on other devices. For instance, if you change your Facebook language settings on your computer, you’ll also need to update the language settings on Facebook on your phone.
- Not Support Language All Languages: Facebook does not support all languages, so make sure the language you want to use is available before making the switch. You can find a list of languages supported by Facebook under the Settings section in Account Settings (or General Account Settings).
Why Change the Language on Facebook?
Using a different language on Facebook is a great way to connect with people worldwide. It can help you find new friends, stay in touch with old ones, and even land yourself a job or business opportunity. Here are some of the benefits of changing the language on Facebook:
By using a different language, you can better understand posts and conversations that are taking place in different parts of the world. This way, you will get important updates or messages that might be posted in languages other than your own.
Connect with Diverse Networks
Using a different language also enables you to connect with diverse networks online. By speaking the same language as others, you can form stronger relationships and find new opportunities that could have otherwise been inaccessible.
Make Your Profile More Attractive
When potential employers or partners look at your profile, they’ll be impressed by the fact that you can speak more than one language. It will show them that you’re well-rounded and can easily adapt to different cultures. This can be great for those looking to land a job or start an international business.
Improve Your Language Skills
You will quickly improve your skills with that particular language by writing in a different language. Even if you only use it on Facebook, you’ll be able to build up your vocabulary and get more comfortable using different words and phrases.
How to change the language on Facebook Messenger?
To change the language of Facebook Messenger, go to your settings and select a different language. On mobile, you can switch the language in the device’s settings. That’s all it takes – no need to download any additional apps or plugins! Start chatting in your preferred language today.
Why does my Facebook automatically translate to English?
By default, Facebook will attempt to provide translations for posts you see in languages other than your own. However, if you prefer not to have this feature enabled, you can easily disable it from the settings page.
How many languages are there on Facebook?
Facebook now supports 200 languages in its AI translator. That means more people than ever can use the platform to communicate with others around the world. How amazing!
What programming language does Facebook use?
Changing the language on Facebook is a straightforward process that can be done easily in a few minutes. With the instructions in this article, you should feel confident to make these changes yourself!
The most important thing to remember when changing the language on Facebook is to take your time, read and follow instructions thoroughly. Enjoy exploring the new features, conversations, and platforms available by speaking in your native language.