No products in the cart.
Facebook indeed is an incredible platform to stay connected with your friends and family. This channel is used by many as a means of communication but oftentimes we don’t feel in the mood to chat with people and just want to randomly scroll through Facebook. Facebook has this very cool feature that allows you to keep your activity status off and shows you offline when in fact you are online.
So, if you use Facebook and have absolutely no interest in receiving and entertaining chats while on Facebook, you may set your current Status in the chat feature to offline, which will make it appear as though you aren’t online. This will convey the impression that you are not available to chat.
You will still receive messages even after changing your active Status, but your messages will be saved in your inbox to be viewed later. You can disable your Facebook online activity status from a computer or any mobile device. Also, read the How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger?
In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on How to Appear Offline on Facebook App in 2023 that you can use if you want to appear offline while using a computer, Android, or iOS device.
How to appear offline on Facebook (Web Browser)
Your Facebook friends who know you use Facebook or Facebook Messenger may see that you’re online and choose to message you. If you would like some privacy and want to quietly use Facebook rather than getting interrupted by unnecessary messages, follow these steps below:
- On your web browser, search for facebook.com.
- Enter your Facebook login information.
- You will see the messenger icon in the top right corner of your news feed. Scroll down menu will open, on top of that menu, click on the three-dotted lines.
- Another drop down menu will open, locate turn off activity status and click on it.
- A pop window with options will show up, select the option you want and right-click ok.
Another way to turn your activity status off on Facebook using the web browser is:
- On your news feed page, click on the messenger icon.
- In the drop-down menu, click on see all in messages.
- Your chat section will appear, on the top left, you will find the settings (gear icon), click on it.
- Click the settings option in the menu.
- Turn the toggle off for your activity status from the menu.
How to become offline on Facebook using the mobile app (Android)
Follow the instructions below to turn off your activity status on Facebook:
- Open your Facebook mobile application.
- If you are logged out of your account, log in.
- Tap on the menu bar at the bottom right corner of your phone screen.
- Choose Settings and Privacy from the menu section.
- Then tap on settings.
- Now tap profile settings.
- From the privacy section, tap on the active status.
- Turn the toggle off of your activity status.
This is how you can become invisible on Facebook if you feel like changing your mind, follow these same steps to turn back your active status on.
How to get offline on Facebook using the mobile app (iPhone)
The steps to turn your active status off on Facebook are relatively similar on both Android and IOS applications but with a slight difference.
To learn more, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook and select the menu button.
- Click on settings and privacy after scrolling down.
- From the menu, select settings.
- Scroll down and you will find the audience and visibility section from there, tap on active status.
- Show when you’re active should be disabled.
This is how you can go offline on Facebook yet keep using the app without any interruption.
How to turn your activity status off on messenger (Android)
If you want to stay completely invisible from your Facebook friends then you should go offline not from the Facebook app only but from the messenger app as well.
Here’s how you can go offline on messenger:
- Open your messenger app and tap your profile picture on the top left corner.
- Tap on settings (gear icon).
- Tap on active status.
- Turn the toggle off for the activity status.
How to turn your activity status off on messenger (iPhone)
To become invisible on the messenger application from your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Open your messenger app and tap on the menu.
- From the menu, tap on the gear icon.
- Now, tap on the activity status.
- The toggle for “Show while you’re active” should be turned off.
Keep in mind that when you turn off your Active Status on Facebook or on Facebook Messenger, you are unable to see the activity status of your friends as well, their recently active status becomes invisible too. If you want to turn the activity status back on, follow these same steps to become online again.
Turning off your active status will make your account appear offline on Messenger, the Facebook App, and all other Facebook-related platforms. Nevertheless, you can still use the Facebook app to randomly scroll through your feed without getting interrupted by unnecessary messages from people. When you’re ready to return to the conversation back you can simply just switch the activity status back on. In this article, we have talked about ways you can use to become invisible on Facebook uses different sources.
Can you know that someone has turned that activity status off on Facebook?
It is practically impossible to discern if someone has kept their activity status off on Facebook or Facebook messenger. However, you can try sending the person a message to see if the message gets delivered, if it does that means the user is connected to the network.
What happens when you set your activity status on Facebook to offline?
When you turn off your activity status on Facebook and Facebook messenger, you start showing offline. Even when you are online using the Facebook application or using other internet apps, you will be shown offline to your Facebook friends.